Creating a better life for everyone in Northumberland County.
Northumberland United Way has been changing the lives of people living in Northumberland County
As the largest non-governmental funder of locally-based health and social services in Northumberland County, we are dedicated to creating opportunities to improve lives and create a lasting, positive impact.
We do this by helping kids develop the skills they need to build strong, healthy relationships; by connecting families with social services in their community and supporting seniors remain independent in their home.
To create a better life for everyone in Northumberland through leadership and partnerships that
mobilize community resources.
We are an organization that benefits the lives of individuals and families in Northumberland County.
To achieve this:
- We focus on key communities priorities
- We support the programs that create a positive impact
- We partner to make our community stronger
- We honour the values of all of our donors, volunteers and staff
- We operate with transparency and accountability
- We encourage and promote volunteerism and volunteer leadership
- We recognize that our donors, our volunteers and our staff are essential to our success
- We support innovation
- We practice inclusion
- We embrace the power of community partnerships
We focus in three main areas: helping kids to be all that they can be, building strong communities and moving people from poverty to possibility.